Kent is a county in South East England and one of the home counties. It borders Greater London to the north west, Surrey to the west and East Sussex to the south west. The county also shares borders with Essex along the estuary of the River Thames, and with the French department of Pas-de-Calais along the English Channel. The county town is Maidstone.
Canterbury Cathedral in Kent has been the seat of the Archbishop of Canterbury, leader of the Church of England, since the conversion of England to Christianity by Saint Augustine began in the 6th century. Rochester Cathedral is also located in Kent, in Medway. It is the 2nd oldest Cathedral in England, with Canterbury Cathedral being the oldest. Between London and the Strait of Dover, which separates it from mainland Europe, Kent has seen both diplomacy and conflict, ranging from the Leeds Castle peace talks of 1978 and 2004 to the Battle of Britain in World War II.
England relied on the county’s ports to provide warships through much of its history; the Cinque Ports in the 12th–14th centuries and Chatham Dockyard in the 16th–20th centuries were of particular importance. France can be seen clearly in fine weather from Folkestone and the White Cliffs of Dover. Hills in the form of the North Downs and the Greensand Ridge span the length of the county and in the series of valleys in between and to the south are most of the county’s 26 castles.
Of course our services are for visitors and locals alike as many of our regular repeat customers live within Kent. As well as our Heathrow Airport Taxi Service we are also available for all major Cruise Transfers & Airports Transfers in United Kingdom, including Gatwick Airport, Southampton Airport, Luton Airport, London City Airport, Stansted Airport, Dover Cruise Port, Harwich Cruise Port, Southampton Cruise Port, Portsmouth Cruise Port and many more places.
We also cover the surrounding areas so please get an instant quote using our easy to use website. Getting a taxi to or from the airport could not be any easier! Some of the places include but not restricted to the following:
Margate, Broadstairs, Ramsgate, Birchington on Sea, Herne Bay, Whistable Isle of Sheppey, Sheerness, Sittingbourne, Canterbury, Faversham, Sandwich, Deal, Dover, St Margarets at Cliffe, Folkestone, Hythe, Ashford, Kennington, Lenham, Maidstone, Aylesford, Walmer, Aylesham, Wingham, Blean, Snodland, Rochester, Sevenoaks, Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Biddenden, Smarden, Tenterden, Dymchurch, New Romney, Greatstone, Dungeness, Kingsnorth.
Why choose us for your taxi to or from Kent?
- Comfortable cars and MPVs, NOT converted noisy vans.
- Fully licensed, vehicles and drivers.
- 4 / 6 seater vehicles including executive cars.
- Flight tracking so you don’t pay for extra waiting if your flight is delayed.
- Meet and Greet as standard on all airport pickups so no waiting out in the cold, wind, rain or heat.
- Parking and upto 1 hour wait after the plane has landed included in the fare.
- Booking a taxi only takes 2 minutes.
- Secure online payments accepting ALL major credit/debits cards and you can even pay with cash.
- Get an instant quote online and the fare quoted is the fare you pay.
- No extra charges for pickups after midnight or before 6:00am. Single rate at any time of the day or night. Also same single rate on Sundays and bank holidays.
- Discounts when booking 2 way return trips.
www.heathrowtaxico.uk is part of Britannia Airport Transfers which specialises in airports, cruise ports, heliports and other city to city transfers.